Navigation trigger

Building & Planning Services during COVID-19

Font size: Print:


Is the Town still accepting Planning applications?

Because the Town municipal offices are now closed to the public, only electronic Planning applications are being accepted through Planning Staff emails at:

The Town is accepting electronic submissions of applications for Zoning By-law Amendment, Official Plan Amendment, Draft Plan of Subdivision, and Draft Plan of Condominium.

Applications for Site Plan Approval will be accepted electronically during this time. If applications are not required to be presented to Site Plan Review Committee, applications for Site Plan Approval are delegated to staff for approval and will be advanced through the standard process.

Can I schedule a Pre-Consultation meeting?

Pre-consultation meetings for new Planning applications can be scheduled through videoconference. Please complete the Pre-consultation Form, and submit to


Can I still apply for Building Permits?

Staff will accept new applications electronically, by mail, courier or in our drop box at 11 Hudson Street. (please note there will be two drop-boxes – at the front door of the Municipal Office and a larger one by the rear door for larger packages during normal office hours.  The front drop-box size is limited to document packages not larger than 150 x 450 (6" x 18"). We will continue to work with you to review and advance your application while ensuring minimal personal contact due to the ongoing public health crisis.

We are still processing Building Permits remotely while the Municipal Offices are closed to the public.

Please contact regarding Building Permit applications, submitting a new application and documents or for general inquiries. You can also reach us by phone at 705-356-2251, x206.


Where can I find application forms?

Building Permits and application forms are available here


How do I find zoning information?

Before applying for a Building Permit, please ensure that your intended project conforms to the zoning by-law. Locate the zoning for any property in Blind River at the "What is my zoning?" page or consult a relevant guide to your type of project available on this page. Staff are also available on-line to assist you by email to


How can I pay for my Building Permit application?

Payments can be made by e-transfer to, please include a detailed description with your e-transfer or by mail. 


Can I get my Permit?

Yes, the issuing of building department permits was in phase one of the province's plan to re-open Ontario.

Are building inspections continuing?

Building inspections will be able to continue at this time, as long as social distancing and safety precautions are taken by the property owner as well as building staff to ensure the health and safety of all parties.

Consideration may be given to professional (engineers, architects) field review reports, coupled with sufficient evidence of code compliance, to permit work to proceed in the absence of Inspections; however, these will be reviewed, documented and followed-up upon by the Building Inspector on a case by case basis.  Please understand these associations are also proceeding cautiously and may not continue to provide general field review services.

The safety of all workers is of utmost importance.  Our goal is to continue service levels wherever possible.

Additional information can be obtained by phone (705-356-2251, ext. 206)   or email at  

Last item for navigation